Rakes have been used extensively for a variety of tasks, prior to mechanisation of working on the land, such as gathering hay and straw, raking soils or gathering leaves.
During this course you will also discuss other possible designs of rake.
You will learn:
- How to select suitable timber
- To understand grain and orientation of grain for strength
- To use a variety of hand tools
- To make a rake head and handle
- To make tines (wooden teeth) using a tine cutter
This course will be taught by Neill Mapes. Lunch and refreshments provided.