NPTC Qualification 002003 (CS30) 002004 (CS31)
5 days training + 1 day assessment.
You will learn:
- Selecting a chainsaw appropriate to use
- Correct PPE appropriate to use.
- Chainsaw maintenance – sharpening and routine chainsaw maintenance
- Starting, stopping and chainsaw safe handling
- Assessing and preparing a tree before felling
- Safe tree felling using different felling techniques appropriate to situation
- Taking down a hung up tree.
- Removal of side branches and preparing trees for extraction
The course will take place at the Green Wood centre workshop and within local designated training woodlands. The training will be followed by a 1 day assessment undertaken by an external NPTC approved assessor normally within 1 week of training
The certificate will allow you to undertake tree felling and chainsaw use , to the areas covered in training, on private and public woodlands which require prove of competence and to meet some insurance criteria.
Tutor; Bob Smith. Professional Forestry contractor with many years experience training a range of groups including Forestry Commission, Forestry contractors and woodland owners.
Full details of training covered within the qualification will be sent on request.